Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to keep a register of something other than decisions?

Danny Lorenty September 11, 2014

I am looking for a way to keep a register of service outages for our IT department. I would love to include fields such as "Service Name," "Service Owner," "Duration of Outage," "Number of Caused Incidents," etc.

It would even be nicer to create a button that creates a page for me to fill out the details much the way the decision registry works. Could anyone help me?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2014

You could create a template with the info you need. You would probably want to label the template and put a page properties macro on it.

image2014-9-11 15:32:36.png

The on another page you could have a create from template macro. This will give you a button that when clicked you can have it create a page based on a template supplied in the macro parameters.

image2014-9-11 15:35:27.png

You can even give the created page a name in the macro parameters. And if you put @currentDate in the page title it will put in the date stamp when creating the page.

image2014-9-11 15:35:57.png

1 vote
Danny Lorenty September 15, 2014

This worked like a charm! Thank you so much, Davin.

0 votes
Danny Lorenty September 12, 2014

This is great! Thank you for getting me started.

Due to creating the variable, new service outages require me to define the variables before making each page (picture attached). Do you know how I can bypass that and go straight to the page after this much like the decision register? Any help is appreciated!

Template_Wizard.png

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2014

You could get rid of the variables in the template and instead use "Instructional Text". Instructional text sections do not require you to put anything in before creating the page and they do no display when the page is rendered if you leave them there. They only show up in the editor as a note to what you should put in that section of the page.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2014

Also, if you put the table in the template into a page properties macro and gave the template a unique label then you could create another page that has a page properties report macro on it and get a nice report of all your service outages. The report sorts all columns alphabetically, so if you have a column that has dates in it I would recommend using the yyyy-mm-dd format. That way you can sort the dates correctly if you choose to sort on that column.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events