cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventoy and assets plugin

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

Good afternoon,

Once we create forms does the data get saved to the JIRA DB directly? or does the plugin need its own DB?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2017

Which add-on?

Most add-ons use the JIRA database directly, you don't need to think about it.  But I can't confirm it without knowing which add-on it is.

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2017

Morning Nic,

It is the Inventory and Assets plugin. (Sorry I put it on the title of my question)

I tried to see how the Database side works with this plugin, however couldn't find it on their documentation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2017

My fault - I'm not aware of that one, and had assumed it was a description of the functionality, not the actual name of an add-on.

I would have a very quick look through the installation instructions myself.  If there is a specific step for "get a new database set up", then that answers the first question.  If there is not, then I would bet on the add-on simply using the stuff built into JIRA for it

Iif you really want to know how that might work, most add-ons use "Active Objects" which is documented for developers in the dev docs in Atlassian's site.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2017

Thank you Nic! Your help is greatly appreciated.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events