Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Word Doc to Conflunce via ReST API

Jonathan Martin June 3, 2014

I'd like to keep my product reference documentation close to my code so I'm storing it in SCM. I'd like to publish that documentation to Confluence with each release. I've looked into a Maven plugin that publishes Confluence wiki text from the project's site. However, developers on my team don't want to write wiki markup for their docs.

Is there a way to import word docs via Confluence's ReST API? I've looked through the API browser and nother jumps out.

Or is there a good WYSIWYG editor for Eclipse Confluence markup? (Not Mylyn WikiText... that's just for previewing).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014
Upload the doc and use the viewword macro. Then you can replace the doc in the future via webdav. You can mount your space or page as remote filesystem (ee.g. as network drive in windows) and then just copy the file via maven or ant to your desired destination. But don't change the filename ;)
Jonathan Martin June 3, 2014

This sounds like a viable solution. In this scenario would the initial doc upload be manual? If automated, what API's are available?

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Take a look on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+a+WebDAV+client+for+Confluence

Just copy the file in maven to the webdav location (which can be a network drive)

Jonathan Martin June 4, 2014

Thanks. I haven't proved it out yet but looks like this will work.

Torsten Schmidt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 15, 2019

Hi Steve, when I want to show Word documents in Confluence that are stored in Sharepoint, do I still hava to configure a WebDAV client?

Best regards,

Torsten

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events