Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track the transitions between statuses of an object (issue) ?

Artem Krotov March 16, 2017

How to track the transitions between statuses of an object (issue) and record the time of finding tasks in a certain status?

The only idea that comes to mind right now is:

1. Create a custom field for the object.
2. Write a postfunction that will read the difference in the clip and write it to a specific field.

I think this method is not very beautiful, there are other suggestions?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Alexey Dorofeyev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2017
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2017

All changes are logged in the history, so we could simply say "go read the history"

However, there's little useful reporting on that in my opinion.  That does change what I want to write as an answer here as well.  Instead of guessing at ideas, could you explain what you are trying to report on?

Post functions and dedicated fields are likely to be an off-the-shelf answer, but there are other options, and the better ones depend on what you actually need to report on.  What question are your users asking you?

Artem Krotov March 16, 2017

OK. Suppose the issue has four states. I need to write a plugin that displays the map where key is state and value spent time for current state (in key) in the excel file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2017

"map in an excel file" - sorry, but that's meaningless.

Are you trying to reproduce the built-in "time in status" report?  Could you take a look at that and explain what it does not do?  (Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's great, and I doubt it does what you want, but I can't work out what you are looking for, so a look at a common report might be a better starting point)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events