Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit the tab in the screen schemes based on the users task?

Christian Michael Arizala June 15, 2014

Hi,

We are one of your client with SEN-2715975. I have a screen which is Job Request Screen. In it i have 3 issue operation, the create issue, view issue and edit issue. I have different tabs for each issue. I want to limit the tabs based on the assignee's task. For example, in edit issue i have 4 tabs which are job request, IT division head, ITSC Committee, Request Affected Users. And the requester wants to edit the issue I want only this specific user to see the job request tab and the other tabs hidden to the user. How can I limit the tab in the screen schemes based on the user's task? Is it possible to be done?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2014

You can't.

Jira doesn't do field level security, a field is either on the screen or it is not (with the exception of a handful of system fields that are controlled by permissions)

You'll want to try the quisapps field security plugin if you want to do this, OR move the edit facilities into the workflow (if you don't need to hide the fields, just control their edits)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events