Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get list of users receiving notifications by event

Patricia Kale March 15, 2017

I have written an Adaptavist ScriptRunner event listener (Issue Updated event) that is checking for changes to a custom field. The custom field stores the user info for the individual who has been assigned to be the QA verifier for an issue.

When the listener detects that a change was made to the field, it formats and sends an e-mail to the new QA verifier.

I would like to improve the script by checking the new QA verifier against the list of users listed in the Notifications for the Issue Updated event. This would avoid duplicate e-mails being sent from JIRA and the listener.

I found the ScriptRunner example "Exclude Watchers from custom email recipients," which is useful but does not cover the full scope of potential users who would receive e-mail for a specific event, as specified in the Notifications Scheme/Notifications.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Pat

JIRA 7.1.6

Adaptavist ScriptRunner for JIRA 4.3.1

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ilia Ostroumov March 21, 2017

Hello! You may take a look at this add-on - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ovdgroup.jira.unilistener/server/overview

This will not help you to improve your script, but may help you to solve your problems without any scripts.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events