Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto create a ticket for Project A every time there is a specific issuetype created for project B?

Elif Alverson January 3, 2017

Hello, 

Is it possible to have an auto ticket created for project A whenever there is a specific/custom issue type created for project B? 

Thank you so much for you help!

Elif

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2017

Hi Elif,

We've been using Create on Transition plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.cot/server/overview for ~ 4 years now and very pleased with it, since it has powerful features and very simple to setup this kind of request you have mentioned. 

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2017

Hello Elif,

It's possible as long as you ready to invest time/effort into creation of JIRA addon. For JIRA Server you will need to have event listener and create a new issues via JIRA API.

Quite old but looks like valid tutorial on how to create/register event listener.

Use IssueService#create to create new issues.

Please let me know if you are on cloud and I will wrap an answer for you.

0 votes
jjgalea January 3, 2017

Hi Elif,

I had a similar request a few weeks ago and solved this by using this plugin:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cloud/overview 

Cheers,
Jason 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events