Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add user profile attributes and fill them from external source?

ninada September 10, 2011

I need to add additional information to the user's profile (e.g. mobile phone, current project) and provide their content from an external system. What is the best way do achieve this? How can I access the user's profile information programmatically? Via Remote API? Or do I have to write a plugin? Are there any examples available? I did a lot of research but did not find any hints. Communardo's User Profile Plugin is not an option, because of its commercial license. Can anybody give me a hint on this topic?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2011

The easiest way would be to append additional content to the page using JavaScript. It's not an elegant method, but would do the trick.

Consider a web resource module that queries an external source to then write to the page.

The web resource module would need a context of atl.userprofile, so the snippet for your atlassian-plugin.xml would be:

<web-resource name="Resources" key="resources">
       <resource name="foo.js" type="download" location="resources/foo.js"/>
       <context>atl.userprofile</context>
</web-resource>

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2011

Or contact AppFusions - we've got alot of experience in this.

We can help you for your specific need / use case - for example, if you want to pull the data from another source as well. Anyways, we can get it done for you.

Best,

Ellen Feaheny
AppFusions ... bringing it together.

info@appfusions.com

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events