Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the JIRA generate MS word report?

dinidu_hewage November 15, 2012

I need to know wheater the JIRA use already exist word file or create a word file while it generate word reports. If there is a file where is it inthe JIRA folder.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2012

Hi,

If you want a clear idea, Read the below link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Exporting+Search+Results+to+Microsoft+Word

Hope it helps.

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2013

Jira generates a HTML page for the issue, then delivers it to the browser with the Word MIME type. The browser opens it in Word, and Word itself converts the HTML.

Being HTML I'm sure there is a .vm velocity template somewhere in JIRA that controls it.

I have also written a plugin Intelligent Reports that allows you to export to Word using templates you edit in Word, and allowing you to easily choose which data to include in the export. It also allows you to use project, user, version information and multiple issues allowing it to be also used for progress reports, SLA reports etc. It may be an easier way for you to accomplish your aim.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.clariostechnology.intelligentreports

0 votes
tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2012

Hi,

at runtime jira generate the word or excel file.

which is not present in the system.

regards,

tousif shaikh.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events