Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use/edit the zen master page so that a pagetree appears in a left column in every page in the space?

Sean December 20, 2012

I'm new to ZEN and I want to edit the master page so that every content page has a pagetree in a column in the left hand side of the page (similar to the standard Confluence documentation theme).

I can get to the master page (.zen.master) from the Admin Console > Site Settings > Click her to ...edit master page layout.

However when I get to the page, I can't find a way to edit the page. I've tried going to the Configuration menu (gear icon) and selecting Master Page Designer, but still can't see away to do what I need.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

Hi Sean,

The default Zen Master has a left column pre-populated with Zen's version of the page tree macro in the top section. You can edit any section by hovering over it -- you should edit Zen's "edit pencil" appear in the top left corner of the section. If you don't have edit permissions (possible when someone locks down the space or page permissions), you won't get the edit pencil.

Hope that makes sense.

Darryl

Sean December 20, 2012

I created a child page from the root page of my "ZEN" space (used as a sandbox) and added some text in it, then clicked preview... nothing!! No side menu with pagetree and the content I typed doesn't show up.

Sean December 20, 2012

Ah hah!! I found something that I think gets me where I want to be. I hover over the page icon and select "edit entire page".....

Darryl Duke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

The main column on the Zen Master is replaced by your page content, so you'll need to add columns. You can just drag your page-tree-containing section to the left until it appears in a column. Or you might want to delete/rename your .zen.master page, and go back to the Zen Setting admin panel -- the link under the Zen Master Page Layout will now say "Click to create ..." click it and Zen will re-create the .zen.master with columns.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events