Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO ADD ISSUE STATUS AND ISSUE RESOLUTION TO EMAIL SUBJECT LINE IN JIRA

Venkatesh Bn June 11, 2012

I would like to add Issue Status and Issue Resolution to email subject line in Jira, but I don't know how to do it. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance :)

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hi, HOW TO ADD ISSUE STATUS AND ISSUE RESOLUTION TO EMAIL Text IN JIRA AND ALSO FOR PRIORITY
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

You will get more answers if you ask this as a seprate question . :)

0 votes
Alex Alex
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 20, 2012

Thanks Mark, that worked for me.

I edit all the files and they work as expected. There was also one more template which I left alone "issuementioned.vm"

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

A couple of observations, expanding on Mizan's answer and incorporating the comments:

1) By default, there are 17 separate velocity templates that are used for email subjects.. one for each event type.

2) Start adding custom events (with custom templates) and you may get a few extra.

3) "issueupdated.vm" is for the update event... "An issue has had its details changed". In other words, an Edit.... something like a tweak to component or description.

4) With reference to the comment "But when i created a issue...", you won't see any affect in the subject line of emails generated when creating an issue unless you change "issuecreated.vm".

5) I recommend testing with one event type first and then, when you are happy, use the format in the other templates. I took this approach after upgrading to JIRA v4.x. I took the default:

($issue.key) $issue.summary

and tweaked it to:

$eventTypeName ($issue.key) $issue.summary

6)The template filtersubscription.vm is the exception to the above, using a different format.

7) There is no need to restart the JIRA service after editing these template files.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

You will have to edit the WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject\issueupdated.vm .

I am not sure but try adding the below code in the file

$issue.status $issue.resolution

Thanks,

But still am not able add issue status in jira email.can u give another solution,if possible

I have edited WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\subject\issueupdated.vm

"$eventTypeName: ($issue.key) $issue.summary
$issue.status
$issue.resolution
"

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Ok , try

$issue.statusObject.name

$issue.resolutionObject.name

Thanks,

Again am not getting any issue status in mail from jira,can you give any other solution for this

"$eventTypeName: ($issue.key) $issue.summary
$issue.statusObject.name
$issue.resolutionObject.name
"

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Are you updating an issue ?

This should have worked , try restarting Jira .

Hi,

I have restarted jira,But when i created a issue,along with issues details,issue status(open,inprogress,fixed,closed) is reflecting on mail generated by jira

Thanks

No,There is no status and resolution on the subject of mail

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

What happens when you edit the issue or add a comment ? do you see the status and resolution on the subject ?

Hi,

Sorry for above mail,A little change

I have restarted jira,But when i created a issue,along with issues details,issue status(open,inprogress,fixed,closed) is not reflecting on mail generated by jira

Thanks

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Try

${issue.statusObject.name}

${issue.resolutionObject.name}

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Great , You can accept the answer by clicking on the tick mark on the right side of the answer . you can even vote up :)

Thanks,

am getting status on subject,how i can get status update in text of mail and also for PRIORITY

Hi, HOW TO ADD ISSUE STATUS AND ISSUE RESOLUTION TO EMAIL Text IN JIRA AND ALSO FOR PRIORITY

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 11, 2012

Have a look at this doc . you may find it helpful .

I have not tried this earlier , edit atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm and add the below code

#if ($issue.statusObject)
>$stringUtils.leftPad($issue.statusObject.name, $padSize): $issue.statusObject
#end

#if ($issue.resolutionObject)
>$stringUtils.leftPad($issue.resolutionObject.name, $padSize): $issue.resolutionObject
#end

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events