cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do we vote ?

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2012

Today there are 7315 users (approx.) and only 95 users have the Civic duty badge (Voted 15 times) .

Out of 12039 only 1634 questions are unanswered.

Only 4 questions with bounties.

I believe we should appreciate each other by voting up generously.

4 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

7 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2012

I think it's not obvious enough that you can vote up a comment. Take poor Mizan, who knocked himself out to help someone on another question... the most he's going to get is one upvote for the question, whereas the user should really be upvoting every comment.

Also grateful users should have the chance to donate some rep when someone has really spent time helping them.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

Thanks for the heads up, I had no idea that you can vote up a comment. It seems as though this does not subtract from my votes available for the day - what impact does this have on the commenter? Is there a karma reward to that person for the "like"?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

Oh yeah. https://answers.atlassian.com/faq/#karma

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

If Justin didn't knew about the 'like comment' and he is in the answers from more than a couple of months, then less will know someone new! It should be something more noticeable!

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012

[joke alert]

Place your negative votes on me if you feel the urge to vote. Otherwise, Atl will run out of T-Shirts and backpacks !

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

[joke alert]

Do we really get T-Shirts and backpacks ! ?

tousifs
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

I think the contribution of our experts to the Answers Community is worth much more than T-Shirt and backpacks

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

+1 I agree

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

I agree too. I was brazen enough to suggest in the survey that those people that help get actual $$$, as it's a real saving for Atlassian. Plus the more a company configures their jira as they need it with plugins and whatnot, the more they're locked in.

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

@Jamie, agree. +1.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

I agree +1, but my vote doesn't count because of the low karma hahaha

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2012

For what it's worth, the Atlassian laptop bag is quite good - very light, big enough for the traditional English commuter's kit (umbrella, sun cream, couple of books, painkillers, lunch, emergency stuck-on-the-damn-northern-line-for-four-hours-again bottle of water, and a small towel for the froods amongst us), and tough enough to survive three years of being jammed in tube doors and so on.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

@nic-brough Are you tempting us who haven't received it yet? ;)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2012

Well, if you need a new computer bag, yes, I'd recommend them :-)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2012

OMG, I want that computer bag so bad! or at least the T-Shirt! :)

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2012

@Ramiro , Its a long wait ... Jobin has not recieved the laptop bag yet ,even i did not get any response from Answers about the T-shirt .

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2012

Jobin? with 17.1k? Oops, Now I can forget about the laptop bag :(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2012

My bag was with UK customs for an awfully long time if I remember correctly.

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2012

It will eventually come. Afterall they gave me so many T-shirts ;)

Seriously, I think they have better things to worry about. And I am sure they listen the good suggestions that comes from the community. It is a tad difficult to make everyone happy and we need to accept that as a fact.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2012

There's obviously something bad. Because if there's 7315 users (approx.) and only 1,464 users have the supporter badge (first up vote) it's a big difference too!

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2012

Exactly, that's another thing I have been wondering. Everyone has 30 votes per day but it seems like only a few people uses their votes!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events