Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting SLF4JLogFactory exception while trying to access web services from Confluence 3.0

angela simmons July 12, 2012

Hi All,
I have been able to understand about the dependencies and procedures to add Jar files into a Confluence project with the help of a friend from here.
But I am facing an error with the addition of these JAR's.
The exacy cause of the error seen is :

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
     at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:313)

caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
     at org.apache.axis.attachments.AttachmentsImpl.<clinit>(AttachmentsImpl.java:39)

caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SLF4JLogFactory cannot be cast to org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
     at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:41)

What i am trying to do is :
1. Write a custom plugin.
2. Modify the UI so that i can accept user entered values say For Eg Credentials.
3. Use those credentials and hit a web service method and obtain a ticket for the valid user.

I can only consume the web services I do not have the authority to modify them. As a result it does work with 8 essential jars. Of these the ones which I use not created by me are the
popular ones.

• commons-discovery 0.2
  • commons-logging 1.1
  • jaxrpc 1.0
  • log4j 1.0
  • wsdl4j 1.0
  • axis 1.4

If i use axis 1.2.1 instead of 1.4 ; i get the error .

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.axis.description.ParameterDesc.setOmittable(Z)V

But using axis 1.4 gives me the required ticket in my local NON CONFLUENCE test sample java project.
(I am putting my code in paste bin lest this question becomes extremely long. Kindly bear with me :))

This is my POM.xml : http://pastebin.com/HPFHvxuE

This is the class I have written. I have infact been able to add my custom tab in the 'Advanced' area and clicking on the tab triggers the execute method. : http://pastebin.com/TDjbhFsf

This is the error i am seeing on the resulting System Error (the one with the title Oops - an error has occured.) : http://pastebin.com/Na9Hsamz

Would like to have any hints from you which can greatly help understand what needs to be done to get out of this error.
I am sure calling web services from Confluence must be a not a complex chore. Is it the combination of JAR's i am reliant on thats givving me the trouble .Any leads to the same will be immensly helpful

Thanks
A

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2012

I think the problem is in your pom.xml, with these dependencies:

<dependency>
  <groupId>freeway</groupId>
  <artifactId>commons-discovery</artifactId>
  <scope>provided</scope>
  <version>0.2</version>
</dependency>

<dependency>
  <groupId>freeway</groupId>
  <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
  <scope>provided</scope>
  <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

Is there a reason you have changed the groupId of these dependencies to 'freeway'? This isn't the usual groupId for these maven projects.

You shouldn't need to declare these dependencies at all, because they should be supplied as transitive dependencies from your dependency on Confluence - try deleting them from your pom.xml entirely.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events