Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Confluence search results page.

Sławomir Turlej
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

I want to customize search results page in Confluence. I know that I can change the way result list looks like by means of implementing SearchResultRenderer. When I try to override search.vmd in my theme to modify the layout of search results, it does nothing. Is it possible to override search.vmd anyway ??

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sławomir Turlej
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2011

I baisically copied the contents of search.vmd decorator into my own velocity template and I display that template from my modified version of SearchSiteAction.

0 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2011

I'm curious to hear (from a product perspective) what it is exactly you want to customise the search results screen, and why?

Sławomir Turlej
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2011

We need to display search results in a sortable table wih the following columns: title and excerpt, creation date, ranking (our own implementation of page ranking), location (for example Home > Page 1 > Page 2). First three columns must be sortable by clicking on their header. This is just what our customer wants. I have managed to style results to display in a table and implement sorting by modifying Confluence SearchSiteAction. Details are in the following thread:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/6143/overriding-confluence-default-searching-strategy

0 votes
Jim Bethancourt
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2011

You might try and experiment with web-items -- one tab for the default search and another for your custom search. There is a tutorial at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEVNET/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Adding+your+own+Menu+Items+to+Confluence but it doesn't go much into how to create tabs. Take a look at how Confluence creates tabs on the User Profile page and that should get you started in the right direction.

0 votes
Alain Moran
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2011

Either apply your theme globally, or supply the key= paramter in the search url.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events