Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd PHP and nested groups

aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

So I'm currently using the normal PHP library for crowd (http://pear.php.net/packages/Services_Atlassian_Crowd) and wanted to try and get the groups that are attributed to a user, but am lost as to how to get nested groups. For example:

Group: test-group (Direct member: test-group-2)

Group: test-group-2 (Direct member: test-user)

User: test-user

Now, whenever I do a call to findGroupMemberships('test-user'), I get 'test-group-2' back but not 'test-group' How do I make it so that all parent groups are also included when I do a group call?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
aram.dermenjian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2013

If anyone sees this, the issue is that the PHP library for crowd from pear uses SOAP and the SOAP client does not allow pulling nested groups. You need to switch from a SOAP client to a REST client. I ended up having to create my own library in order to incorporate REST.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events