Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do the same in confluence as in mediawiki?

Jon Bjarne Haug
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 13, 2017

I work in a organisation that works with wikipedia like information. I was thinking of testing sharepoint wiki, but the layout was too simple, then mediawiki, but that demanded to many add ons.

Should we use Atlassian in stead? What do you think? Pro and cons?

Best regards

Jon

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

It mostly depends on what you're looking for from your wiki. 

Sharepoint isn't so much a wiki as a place where documents go to die, so I'd always tend to prefer media wiki or Confluence, but Confluence does have quite a "corporate" feel to it in some ways.   Media wiki isn't really as friendly for non-techy authors either, and since the collaborative editing in 6 came in, Confluence's functions are looking a lot more end-user friendly.  But, it still does depend on what you're looking for.

I'd draw up a list of the functions and flexibilities that you want from your wiki and then look at all the options to see which one gets closest.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2017

With a bit of CSS and possible some HTML, you should be able to mimic mediawiki, but keep in mind that mediawiki has a number of built-in formats that Confluence does not, so depending on what you are trying to do, there might be considerable manual adjustments you might have to make.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events