Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ajax/AJS autocompleter for page name

ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2011

Hi,

I want to add page name autocompleter for my textarea. The same that is used in move page dialog. How to?

6 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2011

Well, Ive implemented some workaround. I am feeding the var data with String pages.

var data = $pages;

Which in turn is velocity context variable build to represent js array.

["option1", "option2", ... ,"optionN"].

Any better idea would be helpful

4 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2011

Have a gander at this function in Confluence's autocomplete-content.js.

/**
     * Page Autocomplete Binder Component.
     * <br>
     * Example markup:
     * &lt;input class="autocomplete-page" data-max="10" data-none-message="No results" data-template="{title}"&gt;
     * Events Triggered:
     * open.autocomplete-content, selected.autocomplete-content
     * @since 3.4
     * @class autocompletePage
     * @namespace Confluence.Binder
     */
    Confluence.Binder.autocompletePage = function(scope) {
        scope = scope || document.body;
        $("input.autocomplete-page", scope).each(function() {
            bind(this, "page", "{title}", contentDisplayHandler);
        });
    };

All you need is some HTML like this:

<div id="my-binder">
    <input class="autocomplete-page" data-max="10" data-none-message="No results" data-template="{title}">
</div>

And then call the binder like this:

AJS.toInit(function() {
   Confluence.Binder.autocompletePage(AJS.$("#my-binder"));
});

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2011

Cool. That works fine! ;-)

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2011

BTW: Is there a way to limit it to a certain space (by indicating a spacekey) ?

Or put the other way: As this Page-Autocomplete is "global" -> Is there a way to get from the title of page the information in which space this page is? (or its PageID)

(Problem is that getPage and storePage-API does request either pageID OR (title AND spacekey)...

Thanks in advance for any hint.

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 22, 2011

Hopefully, you know the spaces that you want this to work in :)

If so, take @Joseph Clark's example & try this...

AJS.toInit(function() {
  if (AJS.params.spaceKey == 'MY-SPACE-KEY'){
  }
});

...or loop through an array of spaceKeys...

var spaceKeys = ['A','B','C','D'];
AJS.toInit(function() {
  for (key in spaceKeys)
    if (AJS.params.spaceKey == key){
    }
  }
});

Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2011

Unfortunately I don't know the space to work with. So the idea is the following:

1) First input box with autocomplete to select a space.

2) Second input box on pages (as above), but limited to the former selected space.

I've found how to limit the pageautocomplete to a space:

<input name="combit_page_selector" class="autocomplete-page" data-spacekey="myspacekey" data-max="10" data-none-message="No results" data-template="{title}">

That works like a charm.

But I've no luck when I try to manipulate this "data-spacekey"-Attribute with JQuery... Any idea how this can be done? I want to take the selected spacekey from the inputbox and stuff it to the page-autocomplete-box (with the help of a button)

## @noparams

Spacesuche mit Auto-Vervollständigen
<div id="my-spacebinder">
    <input name="my_space_selector" class="autocomplete-space" data-max="10" data-none-message="No results" data-template="{key}">
</div>

Globale Seitensuche mit Auto-Vervollständigen auf Seitentitel:<br />
<div id="my-binder">
    <input name="my_page_selector" class="autocomplete-page" data-spacekey="" data-max="10" data-none-message="No results" data-template="{title}">
</div>

<input type="button" value="Einschränkung auf gewählten Space bei Seitensuche übernehmen!" onclick="jQuery('input[name=my_page_selector]').attr("data-spacekey","test");" />

<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
   // read URL-Parameters to modifiy input controls
   jQuery('input[name=my_page_selector]').attr("data-spacekey", jQuery.urlParam('spacekey'));

//jQuery('input[name=my_space_selector]').attr("value", jQuery.urlParam('spacekey'));

// now do the binding = attributes are written
   Confluence.Binder.autocompleteSpace(AJS.$("#my-spacebinder"));

//alert('test');
  //alert(jQuery.urlParam('spacekey'));
});

Any hint is appreciated!

/EDIT

And yes, I'm trying to read the spacekey to use as default from "?spacekey=test" from URL. How?

/EDIT

1 vote
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2011

You could use the Confluence REST API ( http://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/latest/ ) to fetch all pages. The following JavaScript code wil give you an array ("pages") with all the page names your Confluence installation:

AJS.toInit(function () {
    AJS.$.get("/rest/prototype/1/search", function(xml) {
        var data = new Array();
        AJS.$(xml).find("result").each(function(i) {
            if (AJS.$(this).attr("type") === "page") {
                data.push(AJS.$(this).find("title").text());
            }
        });
        AJS.$("#myAutocomplete").autocomplete(pages);
    });
});

Instead of using $ as the jQuery function, it is nicer to actually use the function provided in the Atlassian JavaScript abstraction:

Let me know if it works.

Cheers,

Thomas

James Star
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2012

How do you use the above ajax to call a method on a Java Class? And return some value?

Thank you,

James Star

0 votes
Mohamed Bouazza
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 21, 2017

Thats how I solved the problem :

AJS.$('.autocomplete-space').live('selected.autocomplete-content', function(e, d) {
AJS.$(this).attr('data-skey', d.content.key);
});

This way I always have an atribute containing the spacekey (data-skey)

0 votes
Sven
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2011

The concept is interesting for me.

(I'm searching a way - probably by javascript - to select a space and a page inside of this space and then to add something to the content of this page)

Should the above mentioned javascript work? How?

I tried it with a simple usermacro (just <input id="myAutocomplete" [...] /> and putting the above script in the "CustomHTML-Before end of head"-section.

But nothing happens...

Thanks for your hints!

Bye

0 votes
ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2011

For example if I use following code:

<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
var data = ???
$("#example").autocomplete(data);
});
</script>

What is the easiest way to feed data with pages from certian (even hardcoded) space?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events