Not seeing how to ask a question on the Bitbucket community...

Dave Sky July 3, 2018

I get the "Ask a question" link on the SourceTree community, but not on the Bitbucket community:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/qa-p/bitbucket-questions

Can someone explain this? 

I had to do a Google search to find this form, which is apparently just Atlassian's form. 

I'm logged in with a company account that was provided to me.

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2018

It's not you, it's the descriptions in the headers for the products.  The Sourcetree one has a link to "ask a question", the Bibucket one links to product information.

Creating a question like you have with this one should work the same though.  (Go to the Bitbucket collection and then use "create" in the top menu bar)

And, I'll ask Atlassian if they'll add the "ask a question" link to Bitbucket too.  Makes sense to be consistent.

Dave Sky July 4, 2018

I'm not sure what you mean by the Bitbucket collection...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2018

If you click on the "explore" drop-down above, you get a long list of "collections".  Bitbucket and Sourcetree are both collections and if you click on the collection, that's where you get the header with or without the "ask a question" in it.

0 votes
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 12, 2018

@Dave Sky the "Create" button at the top of your screen  (next to "Search") will always let you create a question! Just use the "Bitbucket" (or appropriate product) tag.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.19.50 AM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events