Community release notes for August 21st, 2024

Hi community! Dropping in to share a round of release notes for today’s update. You’ll notice a slower cadence of releases over the next few months focused primarily on fixes and quality of life improvements. This is because the team is readying for a major upgrade to the community software. So while I might not drop anything earth-shattering, if you’re a community nerd like me there are still plenty of neat improvements being worked on. 🤓

📰 Onto the news!

🔔 Updated

Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 5.34.35 PM.png

In February we re-introduced the Kudos modal (pop-up) that provides a quick overview of the program to new members. With this release we did a little of what Mo likes to call ‘zhushing’ 💅 to spruce up the language and ensure it reflects the most current information on the program.

🚨 Issue

Unfortunately, we do have a confirmed bug to share. Members who have the ability to publish articles may notice that the publishing times are off by an hour with the change to Daylight Savings time. The team at Khoros, our community platform partner, is investigating. For now there is a workaround we encourage you to use, simply set the publish time to one hour later than the intended time. We’ll keep you updated on the status of this bug as we hear more.

🛠️ Fixed

Screenshot 2024-08-21 at 5.47.04 PM.png

I’ll file this under fixed, but for many members it may be “new”. Within the member profile the “Most Active Group” tile is once again active. If you are active in one or more of our available groups, the group you are most active in will display again in this tile. The tile was a part of the member profile page for quite some time, but around December 2020 it poofed into the nether. We sent a brave engineer into the void to retrieve it and the mission was a success! Thanks Tim!

🕶️ Improved

edit product checkboxes.png

If you’ve asked a question and noticed the “Product Plan” checkbox wasn’t editable, you’re not alone! An improvement was made in this release to better define what this checkbox does as well as make it editable. You can now choose (by checking or unchecking) to make these fields visible with your question. Enabling visibility will help to improve the quality of answers you receive by providing additional context around the product you’re using.

That’s a wrap! How many of you recall when the ‘Most active group’ tile was in member profiles? Will we be surprised to see which one is yours? As always, drop your questions and comments on these items here 👇 so we can help out. 

6 comments

Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2024

Glad Tim returned from the nether! ;) 

Great updates!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2024

Thanks @Janice !!

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2024

Thanks for sharing @Janice . To be honest, I rarely visit my own profile and never noticed the "Most active group", so yes, it's "new" for me. 🙂

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 26, 2024

Any quality of life improvement is worthy of publication in my book! Love the enhancements to the profile page, and looking forward the next-gen version of profiles in the next major upgrade. Thanks for sharing @Janice

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2024

Love the user role and Product Plan options!

Like Janice likes this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2024

Thank you.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events