cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

advance roadmap hierarchy

jeroen_wilmes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

In Jira the hierarchy is Epic-Story-Task.

With Jira Premium I can create levels above, let's assume I have the first next level called "initiative".

The question is: Can I create a Story directly under an "Inititiative" or does it always require an "Epic" in between?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2022

@jeroen_wilmes -

Hi Jeroen:

In AR for Jira's issue hierarchy, Epic >> Story >> Subtask (default Jira Software setup) cannot be altered.  You can only create levels above Epic issue type.  

A Story or another other standard issue types can only roll up to Epic issue type via Epic Link.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Answer accepted
padraik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2022

It will require an epic in between.  The hierarchy is direct, no skipping steps :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events