Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio capacity view : no "Grouping: None" option

Velti Daniel August 8, 2019

Hi!

I know more and more parts of portfolio, thanks for the support, what I got reading the articles and comments!

Now I got another problem, what I don't understand...

So, I have several projects and teams linked together in a portfolio.
When I'm trying to check the capacity of the teams _together_ it is not possible: as you can see the is no "Grouping: None" option.

I don't know, why. the sprints of the teams are having the same length, same name, os I don't understand, why it JIRA can't merge them together.

Thank you, br

DanielCapture.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hey Daniel,

Good question. Thanks for providing background on what you're trying to achieve. It sounds like you're looking for a way to understand your capacity allocations at a high level, across multiple teams.

Unfortunately this isn't a use case we currently support. Portfolio is only measuring the team's or individual's assigned scope and comparing it against their velocity. There's no functionality to aggregate these velocities and view the overall capacity across a team-of-teams.

This is a direction we'd like to take portfolio on our future roadmap for high level capacity planning/visualisation, though it will be a lot more complex for most use cases outside of yours. From the sounds of it, your setup would be the easiest for us to design for (w/ your well-managed and aligned sprints), but a large proportion of users don't have neatly aligned sprints so high-level roll-up of capacity is a lot more difficult.

To be honest, when we add future improvements to capacity it's not likely to be implemented into this older version of Portfolio. It appears that you're on a Server instance and I can speak on behalf of the Server version. We'll be considering this as scope candidates for future enhancements to Portfolio 3.0 (Check out this webinar for more info on 3.0: https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/portfolio-for-jira-3-webinar). However first we intend to go deeper on team capacity planning in the 3.0 experience before going higher-level.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers,

Rhys | PM Portfolio for Jira Server & Data Center

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events