Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JQL does'nt obey date

Edimara October 26, 2022

Hi

I have the follow structure in Jira:  Iniciativa > Epic > Story/Task

jira.PNG

I create this JQL to bring all issues under Iniciative  until story/task level, but it seems that exists something wrong at my logic

(issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfAllRecursiveLimited("project = INI AND STATUS NOT IN (Cancelado) AND created >= 2020-01-01", 2) OR (project = INI AND created >= 2020-01-01 AND STATUS NOT IN (Cancelado))) AND status not in (Removed)

queryresult.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2022

Hi @Edimara 

The problem is probably with the issueFunction part of the JQL. You are asking for the linked issues for the query you have. So when you are searching for issues in that date, it will find them and then query will follow all links, recursively, from the issues it found until it has traversed a maximum of 2 links deep along any link path.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Perrault
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2022
(issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfAllRecursiveLimited("project = INI AND STATUS NOT IN (Cancelado) AND created >= 2020-01-01", 2) AND created >= 2020-01-01 OR (project = INI AND created >= 2020-01-01 AND STATUS NOT IN (Cancelado))) AND status not in (Removed)

Adding AND created >= 2020-01-01 after the issuefunction should work in this case

Edimara October 26, 2022

Thanks @Tim Perrault 

Works perfectly

Like Tim Perrault likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events