Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Jira Advanced Roadmaps, I want to change the parent ticket to a type that's at a lower level in t

Trevor Clark March 11, 2024

In Jira Advanced Roadmaps, I want to change the parent ticket to a type that's at a lower level in the hierarchy. The child tickets are already at that level. How can I make this change, and also move the child tickets down a level?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2024

Hi @Trevor Clark,

The hierarchy in Plans (Advanced Roadmaps) is fixed. So the only options you have here is to:

• either change your hierarchy configuration and bring both issue types down one level. That is only possible if these 2 issue types are defined above the epic level (epic, story and sub-task levels are fixed and cannot be changed). That will bring everything down 1 level, but be aware that this change would apply to all plans you have in your Jira system.
  • or move all issues to a different issue type that is at the - for you - right level in the hierarchy. That is theoretically possible with bulk change > move, but may turn out to be complex, depending on what issue types you currently have.

Hope this helps! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events