Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to leverage Jira Plans for Status Reporting by the Program Managers?

Vijay Reddy January 9, 2024

Anyone using Jira Plans (Advanced Planning) for Status Reporting? along with Confluence? along with PowerBI?

I am curious to know how Program Managers with multiple agile teams are preparing and sharing weekly or bi-weekly Status Reports using Jira Plan and Confluence and / or PowerBI.

Any pointers and examples are greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Chuck Oleary January 31, 2024

Just curious, who are they reporting that status to?  Personally I'm really trying to get away from any regular scheduled status reporting.  

That said...
Using the add on Custom Charts by OBSS from the Marketplace I created a real-time dashboard that shows the sprint status of all the tickets across all teams.
I also created a view for our 6 week Program Increments.
Anyone can see where the work is at all times.  All they need to do is look at the dashboard, no status reporting required.

0 votes
Mykenna Cepek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2024

There are apps to help with this. Here's a discussion of some:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Content-Archive-questions/Use-of-Jira-in-Program-Level-management/qaq-p/1872028

One way I have "rolled my own solution" is to rely on "percent complete" of each of the relevant Epics, and just chart that weekly. For one effort I plotted just that one statistic for 6 epics over time (weekly, over months) and it really helped show progress and radiate what was going on.

Releases/Versions might also be worth exploring, as there's some built-in "process" stuff in Jira there. The downside is that it's team (Jira Project) specific.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events