Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter for custom field not displayed in Plan's Roadmap view

Raphael Vosen June 22, 2020

Hi JIRA Community,

we are using Advanced Roadmaps Cloud version in Advanced Planning Interface. Here we are trying to display a custom field in the filter-dropdown - it is a "Select List (single choice)", so should be supported. It has been added successfully in the plan's setup for custom fields already.

However, it is not visible in the filter dropdown. Does anybody have an idea what the problem could be, or where to look? 

Thanks in advance!

Raphael

1 answer

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2020

Hello Raphael,

I am on server version and I was able to display select list(single choice) custom field on my plan

1.  I have added custom field from : more next to the plan name > Configure > Custom fields
2. I went back to my plan and chose the custom custom field from "fields" dropdown

Like you mentioned "Select List (Single choice)" is supported, so you shouldn't have any issues. 
configure.pngcf.png

backtoplan.png

Raphael Vosen June 22, 2020

Hi Sachin - thanks for the quick reply!

I have done exactly that. Now I am trying to access that custom field among the filters, and I do not see the possibility to do that as explained here for the example "Urgency":

https://confluence.atlassian.com/advancedroadmapscloud/filtering-issues-998651076.html

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-22 um 20.46.47.png

Do you have any idea on that?

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2020

Hey Raphael, do you see same behavior on your other plans? if you haven't tried it yet, I would go ahead and create a new plan with different issue sources and try adding that custom field on their and confirm. 

Vishwanathan Subramaniam July 29, 2020

Hi,

I have the same issue as well. Custom fields ( single and multi select) although show up as "supported" when you add them, do not show up in the filters. Not sure if I am missing anything in the settings? Only the default fields show up in the filters and nothing else. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Dario Andres Palminio Choy August 10, 2021

When you add a custom field, a checkbox is grayed out (disabled) if it is not supported for filtering: "Filtering for this custom field type is not supported". It appears to be a restriction, so far, from Jira's advanced roadmap. For example, if you add a field of type user pick you will not be able to filter it. This happens because Roadmaps supports five custom field types as filters:

• single-choice select

• multiple-choice select

• checkbox

• radio button

• label

A possible, temporary solution is to change the type of field you want to use to one of those above allowed.

It's a shame they haven't improved this so far.

maksushka March 1, 2022

I have just tried this again now and its still disabled. Anyone knows if Atlassian is even looking into this option?

Like Kelly Nezwek likes this
Kelly Nezwek August 10, 2022

I second the above.  Is there an open ticket we can vote for?  It's absurd we can filter by assignee (which is a user picker), but cannot filter by a custom user picker field. 

Like # people like this
Gerald Ferry March 15, 2023

We have custom fields for PM and PdM and need to be able to produce advanced roadmaps grouped or filtered by the same, but this is not possible so we are looking at alternatives. However, it appears many of the appstore alternatives are also hobbled by similar facet limitations. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events