Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Portfolio for Jira mimic Microsoft project dependency management?

Heather Mardis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 29, 2019

I have had a play around with Portfolio for JIRA, seems good, however I'd like to understand how dependency management between two jira issues works in Portfolio.

For instance, If I want to change the end date for one of my tasks, I want to ensure that all of it's dependency tasks are also updated. Does the plugin support this?

Can  this plugin set the duration based on the JIRA estimate (storypoints) rather than me having to manually enter it?

How do I make a task start right after another one in Porftolio for Jira?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hi @Heather Mardis ,

My name is Roi, and I'm a product manager in the team. You can easily view, filter, create dependencies in Portfolio for Jira. To get your issues dates' adjust automatically when changing other issue's date or estimate, I would recommend you to check the Auto-scheduling feature. More details can be found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/auto-scheduling-issues-967895245.html#Auto-schedulingissues-Auto-schedulingintheimprovedinterface

Please note that the auto-schedule is an advanced feature and it's output is highly dependent on how organized and groomed are issues in your plan.

I hope that helps,

Heather Mardis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 13, 2019

Thanks we have put in a request for a demo/Q&A session on this plugin and hope to extend our trail for more time to evaluate it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events