Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency Reports/ View

Tania Thorbourne July 9, 2018

Hello,

I'd like to utilize Jira and confluence to share dependencies. I have three teams utilizing Jira and they have different boards. Are you able to share with me some options that  I can use between both tools (Jira and confluence)? Ideally Id like a view of tickets that are listed as related to or blocked by on one page even if it is a different project or board. 

3 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2018

Hi Tina,

The Dependencies are tied to Issue Links, by default Portfolio only as the link type Blocks configured but additional dependencies can be configured, when an issue is linked to another issue and the Dependency is mapped to the link type, the dependency is set on the issue and the report automatically pulls in the data from the current state of the mapping.

Details on linking the issues and configuring additional link types as Dependencies can be found here:

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Tania Thorbourne July 10, 2018

I think this is helpful but what I am asking is more of ways to create this report. We do not have this view right now. It seems the directions you gave me is more of how to share it once its already created. 

Are you able to tell me how to create this? I have three teams in Jira on different boards. One team is cloud based. 

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

Hello Tina,

If you have the HTML macro enabled for Confluence, you can use the Portfolio report share option to get an iframe url snippet you can put into an HTML macro to render the data in a confluence page.

Additional detaisl can be found:

Regards,
Earl

Tania Thorbourne July 10, 2018

I think this is helpful but what I am asking is more of ways to create this report. We do not have this view right now. It seems the directions you gave me is more of how to share it once its already created. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events