Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom field support for version or version picker in JIRA plans

Kaustubh Deshpande March 4, 2024

Hi I'm trying to add a few more fields to our Team's JIRA Plan. I realize that there are a few unsupported fields, however, I'm curious why fields that have the `Version Picker` type are not supported when Release is support and that has a similar data type. 

Is there any planned support for these data type soon? 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2024

@Kaustubh Deshpande -

Welcome to the community.  In Jira, the concept of version picker data type is based on Releases (also know as versions that project admins manages in his/her projects).  Can you clarify more when you stated "version picker" type are not supported?  I assume that you are trying to add custom fields to be included in your plan?  

Another thing when using AR for Jira product, you also need to ensure that all the issues you are sourcing from for your plan, all have that specific field(s) exposed in the project or project(s).  Example, if my plan pulls issue source from two different projects and the field in question is not exposed in one of those projects, then it will not be available.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Kaustubh Deshpande March 6, 2024

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin  thanks for getting back to me. So I'm trying to see if I can add these custom fields to the plan but they are under the unsupported category. I'm curious why these fields are unsupported but the actual release field (which seems like the same data source) is supported. 

Is the lack of support due to some other factor than type?
image.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2024

@Kaustubh Deshpande -

Did you check 

• Check the advanced roadmaps plan configuration settings to make sure the plan includes the projects and issue sources that use the your custom field. In the plan settings, go to the "issue sources" tab and verify that the correct projects and issue types are selected.

Here is the list of data types supported for custom fields in AR for Jira based on my knowledge -

Supported field types include:

• text field
  • number field
  • date picker
  • date time picker
  • single choice select list
  • multi-choice select list
  • single version picker
  • multi version picker

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph

Kaustubh Deshpande March 6, 2024

Yes, this plan is sourced from on project and the screenshot shows that these fields are applied for all projects so that shouldn't be an issue right? Is there another way to find out why this is not supported? This indicates that the multi-version picker should be supported. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

@Kaustubh Deshpande -

You need to check the custom field's context to determine if it is applicable for all issue types used in your specific project or not.

Example, you are bringing in all issues types from a project, but this field is only defined for Task issue type and not other issue types used in your project. 

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events