Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Select List displays no values creating an Epic in Plan View

Jimmy Seddon Community Leader Dec 13, 2021

Hello Everyone!

Before engaging with Atlassian Support, I thought I would ask you fine folks in case someone might have encountered this.

We have a Jira Software project that contains the epic issue type.  As a part of the workflow for Epics we have a custom field (Single Value Select List) that we have configured as required in the workflow on the create transition.

From the Plan View in Advanced Roadmaps, if I look at a list of pre-existing Epics, I can see the values in this select list and I can change them correctly.  I can also create a new Epic outside the plan view and everything is displayed as expected.

If I try to create a new Epic from within the Plan View, I obviously can't create the Epic until I provide a value for this select list, but also, when I try to select a value, the list is completely empty, but only for the new Epic I'm trying to create.

Has anyone seen or encountered anything like this before?

Thanks in advance!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Do you use Jira Cloud with Microsoft Teams?

Hi, Jira users! Do you use Jira alongside Microsoft Teams? We want to hear how you’ve used the power of Jira Cloud and Microsoft Teams (via the Jira Cloud for Microsoft Teams app) to achieve a team...

316 views 1 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you