Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio for Jira new experience query - Cumulative Story points and Unsupported Custom Fields

Nidhi Gupta April 10, 2020

There are few things I need help on including;

1. Cumulative story points – This works good with the old portfolio template whereas the new “portfolio experience” is not reflecting what’s been sized or the accumulated value. Please refer the below screen shots.Portfolio for Jira - Old.pngPortfolio for Jira - New.png
  2. Is their a way to add unsupported custom field to the plan?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2020

Hello @Nidhi Gupta ,

The Roll-up functionality is available in the New experience under the view settings dropdown in the plan, viewable in the following screenshot, noting the rolled up points are shown with an additional arrow next to the total for an extra visual indicator or the rolled up value:

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.07.52 PM.png

As for Unsupported custom fields, there is not a way to add these into plan at this time.  We are tracking interest in this capability in the following three requests that look to fit the closest to your request at varying levels, the first one being a view option of Jira fields, the next a Edit option of Jira fields, and the third for support for third-party application's custom field types:

Make sure to add a vote to the requests that line up with what you are looking for to help influence a priority bump for development as covered in the Implementation of New Features Policy 

Regards,
Earl

Nidhi Gupta April 13, 2020

Thank you for the detailed response @Earl McCutcheon . This is really helpful!

One more QQ: I dont see the roll-up option as shown above in the screenshot share by you. This is what I see in my version i.e. Portfolio for Jira - 2.23.0:

View Settings.png

Do you know any reasons why this is different for me?

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2020

Hi @Nidhi Gupta ,

We released 'roll-up' values in 2.27, (Details here)  however in your current version there is a early access dark feature I believe you can enable for this if your not ready to upgrade yet, I am pretty sure the dark feature works on version 2.20 and later so 2.23 should be good to apply this on, and if not there are no issues in applying this dark feature other than it simply making no changes if it is not compatible with the current version.

If you are able to do so I recommend downloading and installing the latest portfolio version (currently Portfolio 3.24.0 compatible with Jira 7.9.0 and later), as there are a lot of extra features and bug fixes in the latest release compared to your current version that will make it worth wile.  Details on upgrading the add-on can be seen in "Best Practices for Managing JIRA Application Add-ons" , and if you want to manually upgrade The version list and OBR files can be found here:

And Portfolio Release notes can be seen here:

If you are not able to upgrade at this time, Log in as an administrator and enable the dark feature by going to: 

1. YOUR_INSTANCE_BASE_URL/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa
  2. And input com.atlassian.portfolio.simpleplans.rollup

After adding this in the option should be visible for you

Regards,
Earl

Like Nidhi Gupta likes this
Nidhi Gupta April 14, 2020

Thanks for sharing the details @Earl McCutcheon . I thought its a version issue and we are working to upgrade to latest version soon. Thanks again for all the insights, it was really very helpful! 

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events