Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues of my board not in my Portfolio plan

Adrien Fourneau August 16, 2018

Hello,

I'm facing an issue while configuring my Portfolio.

Issues visible in my board are not in my plan.

My board's filter is linked to my Jira project. And my Portfolio filter calls the board.

Anyway, only some issue appear in Portfolio. I think part of the problem is linked to status. The issues shown have status OPEN, IN PROGRESS, CLOSED, REVIEW IN PROGRESS, TO TEST. No issue with status BUSINESS REVIEW IN PROGRESS is shown, for example. But I also have 2 issues (one feedback, one story) of the same sprint, with same status (TO TEST) and same fix version : Feedback is displayed in Portfolio, Story is not.

I checked other questions about this topic, like https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Issues-not-showing-up-in-Portfolio-Live-Plans/qaq-p/108507, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Done-issues-do-not-display-in-Portfolio-Plan/qaq-p/613598 but did not find the solution.

Does someone have an idea ?

For my general comprehension, my question would be : why, if I pull a Portfolio plan from a board, do I not see all issues from this board ?

Thanks a lot,

Adrien

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 16, 2018

Hi @Adrien Fourneau,

Here are some reasons why an issue would not show up in a Plan, hopefully, that will help you figure out why this is happening for you:

• Issues that are resolved (have a resolution date) are filtered out from the plan according to the Status filter and resolution date filter. You might wanna ensure those issues don't have a "Resolved" date or the resolution date filter is set far back enough to include your issues
  • The issue has been manually excluded (This does not seem to be the case here)
  • The release of that issue was excluded
  • The project associated with that issue has the fixVersion field hidden at the project level

Let me know if that helps!

Cheers,

Thomas

Adrien Fourneau August 17, 2018

Hi @Thomas,

thanks for your help. According to your first remark, I had the idea to test status changes on a single user story. It appears that changing the status makes it appear sometimes in my plan, and sometimes not. All the following status are configured in my Jira board, and all the stories/issues of the project appear in the columns of my board. 

Status appearing in Portfolio for this user story : Specifying, Technical Analysis, To Develop, In Progress

Status not appearing in Portfolio for this user story : Analysis Done, To Test, Business Testing in Progress

As you can see in this screenshot, all the status should be displayed. Capture d’écran 2018-08-17 à 09.44.42.png

But it's not the case.

I join the Jira columns I set for the board.

Capture d’écran 2018-08-17 à 10.02.15.png

Initially, the status Business Testing in Progress was in the empty column, but I tried to match it with Portfolio status (bellow).

Capture d’écran 2018-08-17 à 10.04.50.png

Extra issue, I have a (only one) status different from Portfolio and Jira : Specifying in Jira, Open in Porfolio.

For your other points :

• The issue has been manually excluded (This does not seem to be the case here) --> no
  • The release of that issue was excluded --> no, it's included, I can see other stories with the same release
  • The project associated with that issue has the fixVersion field hidden at the project level --> no, the release is in "unreleased" status in the project.

Thanks again,

Adrien

Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2018

As your status seems to show by their color, they are of the "Done" status category (From the 3 status categories: To Do, In Progress, Done).

This means they might have been resolved through that step, and as your screenshot shows, the done status will be shown only for resolution in the last 30 days (Completion Date filter).

Another thing is that those statuses should not be part of the Done status category if you intend to have them scheduled by Portfolio.

Cheers,

Thomas

Adrien Fourneau August 17, 2018

Hi @Thomas,

You definitely helped me. Your remark was right, and now my stories are displayed.

We will also adapt the categories and statuses, according to your advice.

Thank you very much !

Adrien

1 vote
ripsi_1
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 6, 2020

Additional note.

If you're not seeing Done status in your portfolio, make sure you mark Done JIRA issues with Resolved instead of Done/Done when you hit Done.

That showed for us finally in our JIRA Portfolio scope.

Fredrik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2020

Thank you for sharing this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events