Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am new to the JIRA Portfolio, I really dont know if we can calculate the fix release date

Deepak Singh July 9, 2018

Hi,

I am new to JIRA portfolio. We are looking to use this for Release tracking.

I really don't know if it can calculate the Fix release date based on the estimates provided against the Issue.? 

If we want to check the plan vs actual progress does it have the ability to do so?

I saw that it has baseline start date, Baseline finish date, but I observed that it does not shift those dates based on the estimate against the issue, and same goes with other available dates ,i.e start date and end date. Does this mean that we have to manually add dates against each issue? or am I missing something here.

Thanks

Deepak

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2018

Hello Deepak,

The Releases can be configured as a Fixed release or a dynamic release, the Dynamic Release will calculate the release dates where the Fixed dates are set manually. This is covered here in more detail.

Tracking the Progress and status of the issues in the plan is covered in this Documentation

As for Baseline start dates which are you referring, Portfolio has Earliest Start, Target Start, & Scheduled Start.

• Earliest Start - this is a constraint that guarantees that an item is not scheduled before the defined date
  • Target Start - A visual identifier for Actual vs planned dates
  • Scheduled Start - When the issues is calculated to be able to start based on all the the variables 

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events