Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Button Missing for Plans

Niecole Bruske July 20, 2022

It appears I no longer have the options to create a new "Plan" in Jira.  I was just in there yesterday.  Is this a permission that got messed with (I couldn't find anything online).  Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2022-07-20 at 5.32.45 PM.png

I wanted to point out I have Site-Admins and Administrators permissions. 

3 answers

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2022

@Niecole Bruske -

If you system admin rights (if not - you need to work with your site's sys admins), you can take a look the AR for Jira configuration setup - via "Settings" >> "Products".

Once in the "Products" UI, click on Advanced Roadmaps permissions" and see what group(s) are granted with "Advanced Roadmaps Users".  Once you find the information, you will need to be a member of the group to have the ability to Create/Edit Plans.

2022-07-20_17-47-49.png

It must be some changes on your side, where you may have been removed from specific groups or someone (admins) changed the Advanced Roadmpas permissions configuration.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

0 votes
Daniel Capizzi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2022

Hi @Niecole Bruske

Could you also confirm that you are part of the jira-software-users group please? It's certainly unusual for that button to disappear unexpectedly, but it's possible that permissions might have inadvertently been changed on your site.

Cheers,

Daniel

0 votes
Patty Land
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2022

You will need to ask your Jira administrator(s). There are global permissions provisioned to user groups; "Advanced Roadmaps user" permission includes the ability to create, view, and edit plans, while "Advanced Roadmaps viewer" permission is read-only. I'm guessing you will also now not be able to edit that one plan you have access to?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events