Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start and End Dates Automatically Added to Tickets

andrew morun
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 3, 2022

Hi,

A project manager enabled Big Picture on my JIRA project and now all tickets in the project were automatically added a Start and End date. This also applies to any new tickets that are created. I tried to remove the dates, but JIRA seems to automatically add them back. 

I'm assuming this has something to do with Big Picture. Is there a way to remove Big Picture from a project, and if not, how can i disable Start and End dates from being added to tickets?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 1, 2022

Hi @andrew morun

Let me shed some light on the application logic. 

BigPicture automatically sets Start & End dates because the App requires two points on the timeline (in other words, two dates) to generate a taskbar and determine the start and endpoints. Those points in time are the task's Start date" and 'End date' and are stored as 'Start date' and 'End date' custom fields by default.

This mechanism will be applied to every task that is in the scope of any BigPicture Program. I am afraid that you cannot disable it until your Jira project is in the scope of a BigPicture program.

To remove a project from the scope please go to a given BigPicture Box >> Configuration >> Scope Definition and delete it. Find more information here. 
Please note that the change will be global and work done in BigPicture by other users will be lost. 
0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2022

Hi @andrew morun 

I'm not sure of the exact answers here, but BigPicture's documentation will likely provide an answer - for example, this BigPicture help page mentions options to turn off date synchronisation.

I would recommend contacting the vendor for direct assistance:

1. Go to the App's Marketplace listing
  2. Go to the Support tab: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212259/bigpicture-project-management-ppm?hosting=cloud&tab=support
  3. Select a contact option from the right-hand menu

A link to their documentation is also available from the Support tab.

Let us know if you find resolutions for your questions!

Ste

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events