Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set the previous value before the script listener trigger

Dan27 July 24, 2018

Hello,

I would like to make a script listener with trigger- issue updated.

Inside the code I put a condition- if it's true I want that the update that made didn't save, and the previous value will keep.

example:

fixVersions = x

update issue - fixVersions = Y

if condition = true

fixVersions = x

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2018

Hello @Dan27

You can easily achieve this by using the "ChangeHistoryManager" to fetch the values for a specific field in the script listener, for example for Fix Versions something like this should do the trick

List<ChangeItemBean> changeList = changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "Fix Version")

And then use the changeList to fetch the ChangeItemBean.

But as you said in your description

if it's true I want that the update that made didn't save, and the previous value will keep.

This is not possible is Jira to "not" save the value because listener is fired after event has happened so the fixVersion will become value Y in DB but your listener script can change the value back to old value X thus to the end-user it will appear that the value has never changed but actually your listener overrides the new values with the last value.

Dan27 July 24, 2018

Thank you @Tarun Sapra ,

Is there an import I need to add?

Tarun Sapra July 24, 2018

You need to add this

ChangeHistoryManager changeHistoryManager = ComponentAccessor.getChangeHistoryManager();

And these imports

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.changehistory.ChangeHistoryManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.history.ChangeItemBean 
Dan27 July 24, 2018

@Tarun Sapra amazing thank you!!!!

But now I can't put this version in the 'FixVersions' custom Field of the issue

Capture1.PNG

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2018

Hello @Dan27

Issue.setFixVersion expects an list but you are passing a single string which is not correct, thus you see the error, please go through the APIs here

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/issue/MutableIssue.html#setFixVersions-java.util.Collection-

Dan27 July 24, 2018

Hi @Tarun Sapra , 

this code: 

List<ChangeItemBean> changeList = changeHistoryManager.getChangeItemsForField(issue, "Fix Version")

Gives me a string... how can I edit the fix versions with this value?

Tarun Sapra July 25, 2018

Hello @Dan27

It returns lists of ChangeItemBean which you need to parse to get the string value which you want

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.6.1/com/atlassian/jira/issue/history/ChangeItemBean.html

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events