Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scriptrunner: How to setup IntelliJ IDEA integration (no icon & dead link)

Matt October 11, 2019

Hi all, I'm trying to setup scriptrunner integration with IntelliJ but keep running into problems - I have to ask if this is still supported. I'll list what I've done below, and the problems I've solved in doing so in case this helps anyone else. 

The Adaptavist Scriptrunner docs have this setup tutorial 

It says to download IntelliJ, but doesn't mention that not every version supports the scriptrunner plugin. Luckily, an answer to this question directed me to this issue - the last comment of which details the necessary compatible versions of IntelliJ and the scriptrunner plugin.

From there, the tutorial says to activate a dark feature - which is a setting in JIRA, and not IntelliJ or the plugin as I originally thought! This explains how to do that.

Once you've done that, an IntelliJ icon should appear underneath the script console - it doesn't appear for me. An answer to this question mentions to ensure you have a compatible scriptrunner (5.2.0+) - I'm on version 5.6.2.1-jira8. A further answer then suggests entering the link that icon would take you manually:

https://<baseURL>/scriptrunner-idea/connect

When I follow the above url, I get a 404 dead link page. 

I'm not really sure what I can try next - any suggestions? Thanks! 

Jira versionv8.4.2#804003-sha1:d21414f

Scriptrunner version: 5.6.2.1-jira8

IntelliJ IDEA version: 2019.1.4

Scriptrunner IntelliJ plugin version: 0.7.18

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Katy Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately this issue is related to an existing bug report we have listed here: SRPLAT-703

The workaround is to downgrade to ScriptRunner version 5.5.9.1.

Kind regards,

Katy

Adaptavist Product Support 

Matt October 23, 2019

Hi Katy,

Thanks for your response.

I have a couple of follow-up questions:

• Which features would we lose by downgrading?
  • The linked bug appears resolved and ready for release - when is the next release due out?

Thanks, 

Matt

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events