Scriptrunner: Clones an issue, and links:Script function errors!

Juhaina Almama September 17, 2020

I am using "Clones an issue, and links" post function and I got this error after upgrading to JIRA 8 , anyone can help?

Script function errors!

• The script could not be compiled:
    org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed:
    Script69.groovy: 2: unable to resolve class com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
     @ line 2, column 1.
       import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;
       ^

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2020

Well a lot of things have changed since jira 7 with the removal of ComponentManager.

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.4.49-jira8/jira/releases/UpgradingToJira7.html#_removal_of_componentmanager_methods 

A quick fix could be to use 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.pico.ComponentManager

But that is in no way a long term solution.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

Hi @Juhaina Almama ,

You should use import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor instead of the deprecated ComponentManager method.

Juhaina Almama September 17, 2020

Hi

thanks for answering

I used it but I get error:

Capture1.PNG

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

These are not errors, but generally warnings indicating the deprecated methods. You may need to replace them with the ones compatible with the current version of your JIRA.

Use getCustomFieldObjectsByName(String) instead of getCustomFieldObjectByName

Like Juhaina Almama likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events