Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JIRA ScriptRunner : Status Should be set to OPEN when an Task is converted to a Story or vice versa

Aishwarya Rajan June 26, 2018

Hey guys need a help..I am converting a Task to a story i.e issuetype = Task to issuetype =Story. When converted the Story should have the status as Open rather than getting the status of the Task. I am trying to do it by listeners ..can anyone help me with this script. TIA

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Roland Holban (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2018

Set up a Script Listener on the IssueUpdated event.

The following script will check if the original issue type is "Task" and if the new issue type is "Story". After that, it will check if the issue can be properly transitioned to "To Do" status, and if the transition is valid, it will transition the issue.

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def changeHistoryManager = ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager
def workflowManager = ComponentAccessor.workflowManager
def issueService = ComponentAccessor.issueService

def currentUser = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUser

def changes = changeHistoryManager.getAllChangeItems(event.issue)

def originalIssueType = changes[-1].froms.values()[0]
def newIssueType = changes[-1].tos.values()[0]

if (originalIssueType == "Task" && newIssueType == "Story") {
def actionId = workflowManager.getWorkflow(event.issue).getActionsByName("To Do")[0].id
def transitionValidationResult = issueService.validateTransition(currentUser, event.issue.id, actionId, issueService.newIssueInputParameters())

if (transitionValidationResult.valid) {
issueService.transition(currentUser, transitionValidationResult)
}
}
Aishwarya Rajan June 27, 2018

But I want it to move to OPEN Status by default when its moved from a Task to a Story. So are you telling me to replace To Do with OPEN. Please correct me if my analysis is wrong. Also, I am planning to write it in the form of Fast Track Transition of an Issuse kind of a listener.Thank you!

Roland Holban (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018

If youre using the Fast-track listener you can specify in the Action field which status to transition to.

The event is still IssueUpdated and your condition would be this:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def changeHistoryManager = ComponentAccessor.changeHistoryManager

def changes = changeHistoryManager.getAllChangeItems(event.issue)

def originalIssueType = changes[-1].froms.values()[0]
def newIssueType = changes[-1].tos.values()[0]

originalIssueType == "Task" && newIssueType == "Story" 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events