Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue needs to resolve when all linked issues are resolved

Mark Bednarski March 15, 2013

Hi

I'm using this super cool Script Runner extension. Loving it.

But now I have a little problem I don't know how to address.

We have a project with issues referencing to related tickets in other projects. Once all related tickets are resolved this tickets should resolve automatically as well. Is this possible at all???

Thank you very much
Mark

3 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2013

As Adam said. This would just be a minor adjustment to the script that resolves parents when all subtasks are resolved - https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Transitionparentwhenallsubtasksareresolved . Rather than looping through subtasks it would go through links.

However I'm not sure what event you will put it on... users can can link without doing a transition. Might be best to do this as a service. I'm writing something at the moment that will make this easier...

Adam Marszałek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

In our case we can only change status via transition, but otherwise you could verify it on post-fiunctons on "Resolve" step, and by listening on Issue updated event, for changes in status/resolution field. Guess that would cover all cases issue can be resolved.

Can't say though how it would affect overall performance - probably if you have a lot of issues and changes in this/those project/s it may suffer.

Mark Bednarski March 17, 2013

Hi Jamie

cool, looking forward to this. I def need to figure out how to code this on my own.

It would need to look on all issues it is linked to and if this issue has no other issue it can directly transition or if there are other issues linked it can transition if the other linked issues are also resolved or closed.

Sound tricky to me, well need to figure it out but have still some week time for it. First I need to get me on speed how to create such a servie or whatever. Love the script runner and will get started from there.

Thanks
Mark

Mark Bednarski March 21, 2013

Arghs still didn't figure it out. But hope to work on it soon.

Mark Bednarski March 5, 2014

Hi Jamie

I formerly gave up on it but had the same need again now and was wondering if you found a solution?

Thanks

Mark

0 votes
roman shvets
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2015

Hi Jamie,

I've been faced with the same problem as Adam... "Master" issue can be resolved when all linked to it issues (clones) are in resolved state with status "closed" for example...
 is it possible to do the same as for subtasks script example ?

0 votes
Adam Marszałek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2013

Hey,

Sounds pretty feasible. I guess you should do post-function on transition to resolved status that would find out what is the "master" issue, then would find all its links and verify if all other slave issues are resolved. If this one is true, then simply transition "master" issue to resolved state.

Regards,
Adam

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events