Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GreenHopper OnDemand and data encryption

Abdoul Abdoulla June 9, 2013

Hello,

GreenHopper : Can anyone tell if the data stored on "Ondemand" is encrypted ? the security department of my company expects data to be encrypted in order to prevent anyone to read including people working on the data center.

Thanks & regards,

Abdoul

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Abdoulaye Kindy Diallo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

I can confirm that your backup data is encrypted as highlighted in:

* OnDemand Security Statement

* About Your Data

Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2013

Just understand that teams at Atlassian do have full file system and database access as is required for maintenance and support, and consequently full access to all data on the OnDemand platform.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

As far as I know the data isn't encrypted, both at the database level or file system level. Encryption won't do anything and can't do anything. Why? They still have full admin access to the systems. Unless you encrypt the GUI, i.e. that even the users can't use it, they will be able to view the data.

You're best to manage it yourself in house in this case if this is a problem.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2013

As far as we know (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/About+Your+Data). You may have to wait for Atlassian to answer.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events