Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a new hyperlink to the JIRA login form?

Douglas Leech March 1, 2012

I have been asked to add a link to the login form so that our users can choose to login via username/password, or to proceed to use a CAC/pin.

In the \JIRA 4.4.2\atlassian-jira\includes folder there is a loginform.jsp which would seem to be the file to modify but no change I make is visible when the form is displayed via the dashboard.

Can anyone tell me what steps I must follow to make a change such as this?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2012

Hi Doug,

You're part way there but this is one of those occasions where you have to learn to think like Atlassian.... there are in fact two almost identical login forms, not one so it depends which one you are modifying.....

/login.jsp - this is generated from /includes/loginform.jsp

/secure/Dashboard.jspa - see below

however, if you touch any secure URL (dashboard) & don't have a valid session, you get re-directed to the login GADGET on a dashboard. This comes from one of the standard JAR files and you're going to have to unpack 2 levels of JAR, make your change, repack & restart Jira. It's all explained here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+Customise+the+Login+Gadget

If you're also going to be modify templates in Jira, you should switch of template caching on your dev box until you're sure it's tested & working.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Disable+Velocity+Caching

Douglas Leech March 4, 2012

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your response - I am running with 4.4.3 and had to modify the Login-gadget.soy file - got the instructions from the links you provided - works like a charm - thanks agin.

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2012

Hi Doug,

Just a thought, but are you restarting JIRA after making changes to loginform.jsp? I'd expect the JSP's to only be re-compiled and cached after a restart.

Andrew.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events