Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Git/Stash branch from Jira

Benni September 1, 2013

I saw the "Create Branch" action in jira.atlassian.com, to create a branch for a issue in Git/Stash.

How can I configure this in our own Jira?

7 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

9 votes
Answer accepted
Turadg Aleahmad
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 14, 2013

Does the Create Branch feature work with Github? If not now, when could it?

2 votes
M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2013

Hi Benni,

This feature is a part of the latest release for JIRA OnDemand and Bitbucket cutomers. It will be available for Stash customers at the end of September. You can find more information about it here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Code+Integration+FAQ

Marcello de Sales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 30, 2013

It's October 1st and I've been waiting for this feature on Stash... Has it been released?

Michael Heemskerk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2013

Stash 2.8 has been released with support for creating branches from JIRA. You can download it at https://www.atlassian.com/software/stash/download

Ben Scobie October 2, 2013

When will this feature be avaliable for JIRA Download customers?

M
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2013

It's available right now from JIRA 6.1 onwards. You can get the latest version here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download

0 votes
Marcello de Sales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 15, 2014

After a year, the company decided to use GitHub enterprise instead of Atlessian Stash... Can this feature be used against a GitHub Enterprise installation? 

0 votes
Mark Bewley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

I had the same issue as Ben Scobie (Nov 01 at 07:17 AM). Make sure the DVCS Connector Plugin is enabled.

Ben Scobie November 5, 2013

Hi Mark,

I had the plugin disabled but I've enabled it with no difference unfortuntely.

Mark Bewley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013

I also restarted my Jira service.

Ben Scobie November 5, 2013

That seemed to do it, thanks! It's a bit odd that the DVCS plugin is needed because the description makes it sound like it's only needed for BitBucket and GitHub.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2013

Hi Ben/Mark,

I believe this is a bug and should have been fixed in JIRA 6.1.1.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34700

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
alexeyignatenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 5, 2013

Dear Charles, for my OnDemand instance this is now working. I expected deeper integration, though. As far as I understand, a branch in Stash created by JIRA is not linked to JIRA issue. Issue id in the branch name is not used. Am I right?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2013

Hi Alexey,

Unfortunately not at the moment. You might want to vote on and watch the following feature request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/STASH-3898

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
alexeyignatenko
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 16, 2013

Should this integration work as of now? I have JIRA OnDemand and Stash 2.8, and can't see "create branch" in JIRA.

M
Atlassian Team
October 31, 2013

Yes it should. When you make a commit with the JIRA issue key in the commit message, does the commit appear in the source tab on the JIRA issue?

Have a look at this page if you think your connection isn't working:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Troubleshooting+JIRA+Integration

Another reason why you might not be seeing the create branch link in JIRA is if you do not have the "View Development Toole" permission. You can see which users, roles, and groups have this permission by going to the Development Tools page from your JIRA project's administration summary page.

Ben Scobie October 31, 2013

Hi Megan,

I'm having a similar issue. The Source Tab is working correctly but we cannot see the create branch in JIRA. We also cannot see the "Development Tools" section in the projects administration screen and we have the correct permissions to see it.

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 3, 2013

Hi Ben and Aignatenko,

If you get stuck your best bet is to raise a support ticket with your logs so we can diagnose the problem further.

Cheers,

Charles

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2013
Benni September 2, 2013

Thanks for your fast answer.

I know this sites. But I have not found a site, which describes the "create branch action" (screenshot). I have already configured the stash instance and also the application link between my Jira project and Stash. And everything works well, but I would like to create a branch iside of Jira. And this action is not available..

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events