I have a mandatory value in my Service Desk Cloud that I was to force team members to complete are the resolution stage. When I set this up earlier this year, the field started out unpopulated and the users had to pick from the list. This was perfect functionality.
I then discovered that Service Desk Portal forced me to set that value because it was marked as mandatory. I'm not sure why this was but I had to change the portal to set this value. This blew the previously perfect functionality apart as the users no longer had to pick from the list.
I have since altered the workflow, so that the field in question is cleared when the ticket is created. This works. ServiceDesk populates the fields, then the workflow clears it out.
BUT
When I get to the point where I'm asking the users to pick a value for this mandatory field, it's displaying the field with the first item in the list selected.
How do I get it to appear unpopulated again and force users to pick?