I am trying to drop 16 lines of javascript in a ticket. I get the same error if I add to description or comments. Is there a workaround? Its much better for my developers to add code directly to a ticket without using attachment.
Hi @Ian Wagner,
how many characters are in the code snippet? Jira Cloud seems to have a limit of 32767 characters in a text field.
There is currently no solution until Atlassian adds on option to control the limit: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-64351.
Roman.
@roman646 characters
Thanks for the info, Ian.
I have tried to add a code macro to the issue’s description with 687 characters across 16 lines. It worked for me without problems.
Can you try adding the code just as plain text to the Comment or Description field?
Yes - I can add to Comment and Description as plain text. However, I want to add as code block to keep the formatting in line with the code.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.