Hi everyone. I am a jira admin at a mid-size tech/service company. I have a conundrum I've been thinking about for quite some time, and I was hoping you all might have some similar experiences and advice.
We are not very mature with our release management processes, yet. Our platform releases are generally once a month or so. Often times code will sit in a testing environment for a few weeks before being marked as "ready for production" or something else. Teams are tracking this in different ways, and some aren't tracking it at all in Jira.
I keep getting requests to include statuses like "In QA" or "Ready for Release." But, when development is done on an issue, we want it to be Done. Keeping these post-development statuses keeps work from being finished and it makes it look like our teams are never accomplishing anything in a sprint. For this reason, we'd really like to focus on To Do, In Progress, and Done statuses.
How would you suggest tracking development work items as they move through these regions?