I'm trying to figure out how to replicate the functionality that we see when we place our cursor over the dots on a card and the alt text shows us "x days in column". I'm guessing there is some sort of JQL query that's calculating this and not something as simple as a field that can be queried. Any ideas?
Hello,
You would need to write your own custom field for it.
I'm looking for the query that is used to calculate the days in column.
This way, I can use the same logic to build a report in a third party dashboard tool. I'm just not sure how they are coming up with that information in the first place, it's there somewhere though.
You can read more info about the days in column field here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-releases/jira-agile-release-notes/jira-agile-6-6-release-notes/jira-agile-6-6-11-release-notes?_ga=2.65230574.1513002746.1547637396-1149622764.1547637396#JIRAAgile6.6.11ReleaseNotes-
If you need more info, you would need to look in the source code of Jira Software. But it is not available.
I can confirm Alexey is correct. Need to incorporate this field into out of the box cloud instance for reporting purposes.
Try to see my answer here, does that solve the problem:
JQL query to show "days in column" for issues (atlassian.com)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.