I am trying to setup Jira integration into Gitlab to automatically transition and comment issues when merge requests are done (see Gitlab documentation here). It works great with my user.
The problem is that all comments on Jira cards are saved with my username since I use an API token generated with my user. To solve this, I want to setup a "virtual user" that cannot log in (and therefore not use jira products) but that can transition and comment on issues automatically using its own API token.
I used a distribution list email address to create a new user, created an API token with it and added it to a group that has access to Jira Core and Jira Software. It works but it costs an extra licence. I have two questions :
- Can I setup a "virtual user" that can only do automatic actions without paying for an extra licence ?
- I tough that the "Can sign in" option in the "Application access configuration" panel was designed to achieve what I wanted. But when I uncheck the option, the group disappears from the view and the "virtual user" a set up cannot transition or comment issues automatically anymore. What is the use of this option ?
Thank you in advance