I am trying to use JQL contains operator (ie ~) but i am getting the following error:
The operator '~' is not supported by the 'fixVersion' field.
I am using Jira Cloud.
Hi Nadeem,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
The FixVersion field does not support the contain operator, just as the error message says. Take a look at the Advanced searching to see which operators are supported.
I see. I think I saw a thread that it's possible but that seems to be for the server. Is there a way to filter on fixVersion in Jira Cloud?
Yes, you can use any of these operators to search fixVersions:
= , !=<span> </span>, > , >= , < , <=<br>IS , IS NOT,<span> </span>IN , NOT IN,<span> </span>WAS, WAS IN, WAS NOT, WAS NOT IN<span> </span>, CHANGED
= , !=<span> </span>, > , >= , < , <=
<br>IS , IS NOT,<span> </span>IN , NOT IN,<span> </span>WAS, WAS IN, WAS NOT, WAS NOT IN<span> </span>, CHANGED
Note that the comparison operators (e.g. ">") use the version order that has been set up by your project administrator, not a numeric or alphabetic order.
Check Advanced search documentation I linked to above, it gives you a couple of examples.
Thanks. I saw that. I meant is there a way to filter on text partially using a wild card such as "version-A1*"?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.