I realize that it is not possible to assign an issue to a group... which would be ideal. For example, what happens if I assign an issue to the team lead and he happens to be sick that day? We work across continents with 12 hour time differences. I can't know who will be coming in to work.
So I need all group members to be notified by email if an issue gets assigned to a member of their group. So if an issue is assigned to one of our DBAs, an email would go out to all the DBAs.
Is there an add-on or way to do this? The notification scheme does not appear to be granular enough to go down to group level.
I am aware of this but need specific instructions:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Managing-Issues-via-Group-Ownership/qaq-p/338046
Example I only need 2 groups in my custom group picker, I don't want to display all 100+ that we have.