I'm trying to setup a Table of Contents that only shows heading under a parent heading. For example if I have the follow structure, I want to setup the table of contents to only show 'Favourite Foods' and 'Unknown Foods' under the 'Places' heading.
- Favourite Foods
- Unknown Foods
I've tried following the example below by excluding the Foods and Things headings but the example expression does not work. If I type .*(Foods|Things) the TOC still shows everything. If I type (Foods|Things).* the TOC shows ALL h2 options.
- Favourite Foods
- Unknown Foods
- Favourite Foods
- Unknown Foods
- Favourite Foods
- Unknown Foods
I've also tried only including the Places heading with the Minimum Heading Level set to 2. However, if I type Places.* the TOC returns blank. If I remove the Minimum Heading Level then the TOC returns only the parent heading without the child headings.

Source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/table-of-contents-macro-182682099.html
Does anyone have any suggestions?